Odiham Castle is ruins of a 13th Century royal hunting lodge near North Warnborough. This ancient monument is known locally as 'King John’s Castle'.
Odiham Castle lies on the banks of the Basingstoke Canal, but was built long before the canal existed.
The Castle, with its surrounding defensive ditches, was built between 1207 and 1214. The site was probably chosen by King John as a convenient point between his strongholds at Winchester and Windsor. Odiham being a good stopping place on the two day ride between them.
The site is managed by the Basingstoke Canal Authority.